Where Does a Christian Turn
for Divorce Support?
Separation, divorce and starting over can be confusing, emotionally draining and even intimidating if you do not have help and support.
The Christian life was never meant to be lived alone. God created us
for fellowship and love. Christian Divorce Support Online seeks to be a conduit of God’s love and fellowship for people facing the disintegration of their marriage.
I myself was blessed to have participated in a Christian support group when my marriage ended. The love of God, the understanding and acceptance of the participants and their prayers were instrumental in helping me move on with my life.
I recognize that many do not have access to Christian divorce support groups in their area. This site offers a way to connect with and encourage God’s people around the world through the Internet.
What does Christian support look like?
It begins with God’s love. God’s love brings with it his mercy, grace and acceptance. There is no condemnation or declaration that anyone using this site has it all together and has all the answers but rather an acknowledgement that God does. The opportunity exists to explore and wrestle with the issues you are facing in the safety of a loving community that will pray for you. Friendship of other Christians who can identify with the pain and difficulties of a troubled or ending marriage can be found. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says “one standing alone can be quickly defeated but two or more can stand together and conquer.”
Support and guidance is provided to assist you in the process of making decisions, healing, recovering and avoiding mistakes others have made.
You will have a lot questions to grapple with:
• Can you save your marriage?
• What does the Bible say?
• Will God forgive you?
• How can you go on?
• Can you do it on your own or do you need a lawyer?
• How can you survive financially?
• How will this affect your children?
• Is there life after divorce?
• Is remarriage an option?
Where do you start?
God's Word offers guidance to help you survive this crisis in your life and to grow and thrive despite it. His Word offers wisdom for all areas of your life: your relationships, your finances, your emotions, your family, your present and your future.
The first question you need to ask is – “Can you save your marriage?” Maybe, with God’s help you will be able to restore your marriage.
Maybe you are beyond the possibility of repairing your marriage. You are trying deal with all the changes, hurts and disappointments. How do you pick up the pieces of your life?
Christian Divorce Support Online is here to walk beside you. God’s love can and will help you through this painful time, heal your broken heart, release you from anger and bitterness and hold you steadfast in the palm of his hand where joy and peace are offered for the road ahead.
- Christian Divorce Support Blog
- The Christian Divorce Support Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the christian-divorce-support-online.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Divorce in the Bible. Is it permitted?
- Divorce in the Bible, is it permissable? Does the Bible give grounds for divorce? Is divorce a sin? What is unbiblical divorce?
- The Bible says divorce was permitted in some situations.
- The Bible says several things about divorce. Find out what the Bible says about divorce, hope, love, forgiveness and reconciliation?
- Divorce Forum
- The Divorce Forum is a place to share your story with others who relate to what you are going through. Share your thougths, comments and questions about divorce and divorce recovery.
- Save Your Marriage
- Can You Save Your Marriage? Why bother saving it? Can marriage be restored even if you are seperated?
- Separation, does it mean my marriage is over?
- Separation, does it mean my marriage is over? How can it be used to repair and rebuild my marriage instead of ending it? Making use of a mediator can make a big difference in the final outcome.
- Filing for divorce. Do I need a lawyer?
- Filing for divorce. Do you have to pay thousands to a lawyer or can you do it yourself? How can you still honor God in the midst of the legal process of divorce?
- Hiring a Divorce Lawyer
- There are several things to consider when choosing a divorce lawyer. Find out how to hire a lawyer that is right for you and your case.
- Divorce support
- Divorce Support? When your primary relationship, your marriage, is in shambles, who do you talk to? Who do you turn to for support?
- Divorce Recovery
- Divorce recovery often happens in stages. God is able to heal all wounds. There are some practical steps you can take to help facilitate healing in your life.
- Divorce Resources
- Divorce resources for filing for divorce, dealing with divorce or working at saving your marriage.
- Child Support
- Child support. What is it for? Who should pay it? How much?
- Is Remarriage OK?
- Is remarriage ok? Can a Christian marry again after divorce with a clean conscious before God?
- Financial Survival
- Financial survival after a separation or divorce is difficult but crucial. How can you get a handle on the financial changes and survive?
- Prayer? Why Bother?
- Prayer is the means by which you bring your cares and concerns to your Heavenly Father. He is the only who can heal you and fill you with peace and joy but you must ask.
- Successful Dating
- Successful dating can be acheived by applying some basic principles that set a good foundation for a healthy relationship.
- Christian Internet Dating
- What is wrong with finding a mate on a Christian Internet dating site? Can they be useful in finding a Christian spouse after having been divorced?
- Contact Us
- Contact us with your questions, comments and suggestions.
- About Me - What's My Story?
- What is it about me that gives me an understanding of divorce and separation?
- Statement of Faith
- My statement of faith is provided so you can know the Christian beliefs which have guided the content of this site.